If you're in a rush to get dinner on the table, the last thing you want to think about is cooking. But this quick and easy salmon dish means you can walk in the door and have dinner on the table 30 minutes later.
Salmon's a great choice for dinner because it's so versatile. You can grill it, bake it, sear it or even eat it raw. I've had it all these different ways. But this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens was by far one of the easiest to prepare and cook. I just used the salmon I had left over from my sushi night, basted it with an herbed butter, stuck it in the oven and 15 minutes later, dinner was served. It couldn't be any easier.
To make dinner even more filling, I laid the salmon on a bed of asparagus couscous. It was all delicious. Even the baby wanted seconds. So if you love salmon as much as I do, but don't have a lot of time, this is the recipe for you. It's so easy and scrumptious, I'm sure it'll become a regular at your table. It's already one at mine.
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions.
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 8 ounces asparagus chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse fish, pat dry, and set aside.
- Zest 1 teaspoon of peel from lemon and set aside. Juice half the lemon and set aside. In a small bowl stir together lemon zest, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and butter until well combined. Spread evenly over the whole salmon.
- Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add salmon. Cook three minutes or until golden brown. Turn the salmon and pour lemon juice over it. Place the skillet in the oven and cook 3-5 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon cooks, boil water, 1 teaspoon of salt and two tablespoons of butter in a large sauce pan. Once the water's boiling add the couscous. Turn off heat and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Add asparagus and stir to combine.
- Spoon couscous mixture onto serving plates. Lay cooked salmon on top of couscous and serve.
Other Salmon Recipes from she Knows