Revitalize your relationship with your grill by serving up a fresh and unique appetizer option. Invite a few couples and create a new perspective on the typical backyard barbeque.
Grilling is just as integral to summer as pools, fireworks, and flip flops. Not only does grilled food taste amazing but it doesn't quite feel the same as cooking in the kitchen. However grilling can get old quickly if you stick with the usual suspects. Ditch the burgers and switch up your routine and your next date night by grilling up something unexpected. Invite a few other couples over for a classy version of the typical backyard barbeque. Skip the beer and volleyball and add in candle light and wine. Take the pressure off of creating a fancy date night with a full course meal, head outside and keep it simple.
This grilled pear bruschetta is packed with flavor and can be served with a salad, light meal or a few other appetizers. You can easily alter the recipe to serve a group or cut it down if you only want a few pieces. It pairs well with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc.
Grilled pear bruschetta
- 1 pear
- 1 shallot
- Soft goat cheese like chevre
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 baguette
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Honey Balsamic Reduction:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Slice the baguette into thin pieces. You'll need two slices of pear per baguette so cut the pear according to how many pieces you'd like to serve. Peel and slice the shallot into quarters. Drizzle the shallot with olive oil and sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinegar and honey into a small sauté pan and simmer on medium heat until the sauce thickens. It should take 10-15 minutes.
- Place the baguette slices, pear slices, and shallot quarters on the grill. Grill lightly on low to medium heat until the bread is toasted, and the pears and shallot are soft.
- Dice up the shallot. Top each piece of bread with a thin layer of goat cheese, a little bit of shallots, a few pieces of arugula and finally two pear slices. Drizzle with the honey balsamic reduction and serve immediately. This recipe yields 9-10 pieces.
More Grilling Recipes