Keep your date nights fresh and exciting by combining meals you love with trying new things. In lieu of another casserole and movie night, try these fish tacos and add some salsa dancing.
The best way to feel like you are dining out is to make the same meals you love to order at restaurants. Fish tacos are a light and healthy option that will fill that Mexican food craving without weighing you down and calling it a night. These tangy tacos will transform your kitchen into your favorite Mexican restaurant – add a cute outfit and a small vase of fresh flowers and you may never want to go out to eat again.
To continue the theme through the evening, pick up a salsa dancing DVD and enjoy a private lesson in the comfort of your living room. Pair with a margarita and neither of you will know how many steps you are missing.
Honey Lime Fish Tacos With A Creamy Tomatillo Sauce
- 1 pound of a flakey white fish (like tilapia or sole)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups of cabbage cole slaw mix
- 1 avocado
Creamy Tomatillo Sauce:
- 2 tomatillos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of diced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes
- Cover each side of the fish with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in a shallow dish and add lime juice and olive oil. Drizzle honey over the top of the fish. Let this marinate for at least 6 hours or up to 24. If possible, flip the fish halfway through so each side has a chance to sit in the marinade.
- For the sauce, add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and mix until it is creamy and smooth. This can be made in advance and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a sautee pan and add the fish to the warm pan. Cook the fish until it is flakey and completely white. Break into smaller pieces and place on the top of warm corn tortillas. Top with cabbage, avocado and the creamy tomatillo sauce.
More Taco Recipes