Farm To Table
The eat local and farm to table movements are hot when it comes to cuisine, but did you know that you can also drink from farm to table? We talked with Kim Haasarud, founder of beverage consulting firm Liquid Architecture, about her signature cocktails that feature farmers’ market-fresh ingredients. Here are Haasarud’s farm to table cocktails tips and recipes.
(page 2 of 2)
Farm to table cocktail recipes
Here are three of Haasarud's farm to table cocktail recipes.
Black & Blue Mojito
- 3 blackberries plus extra for garnish
- 10 blueberries plus extra for garnish
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces 10 Cane rum
- Splash of soda water
- Mint sprig
- In a tall collins glass, muddle the berries and mint with the lime juice and simple syrup.
- Add the 10 Cane rum, top with crushed ice and a splash of soda. Stir.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a few berries.
70% Chocolate Blood Orange EVOO Cocktail
- 1.5 ounces Hennessy
- 0.5 ounces Frangelico
- 0.75 ounce 70% Guiness Chocolate Reduction (recipe below)
- 0.25 ounce agave nectar
- 0.25 ounce half & half
- 10 drops blood orange infused olive oil
- Orange twist for garnish
- Combine Hennessy, Frangelico, chocolate stout reduction, agave, half & half, and olive oil in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with orange twist.
70% Guinness Chocolate Reduction
- 2.1 grams 70% chocolate (6 squares of a Lindt 70% chocolate bar)
- 1 cup Guinness
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir chocolate and Guiness until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Lemon Dill Mary
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce peppercorn syrup
- 4 heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 6 pieces chopped celery
- 2 sprigs fresh dill (one for garnish)
- 1.5 ounces Belvedere Bloody Mary
- 1 slice lemon
- Add the lemon juice, peppercorn syrup, cherry tomatoes, celery and 1 dill sprig into a cocktail shaker. Muddle contents.
- Add Belvedere Bloody Mary and ice, and shake vigorously. Strain into an iced Collins glass.
- Garnish with dill sprig and lemon wheel.
More sip-worthy cocktail recipes
Expert tips for making cocktails for a crowd
Trendy summer cocktails
Healthy summer cocktail recipes