Going gluten-free is for your health!
Making the right changes can help you feel better.
For a household with more than one person, separate your pantry foods into those that contain gluten and those that don't. That way there will be no confusion.
Read, read, read… the labels
Many foods and food products contain gluten. When you know the foods that you can eat, shopping and cooking will get easier for you.
Always be prepared
If you're heading to a restaurant, try to find a menu and determine items that are gluten-free. If you're unsure, ask before you order. Same for dining at a friend's house. Make a quick call to let your host know you might have some special dietary needs. Offer to bring a dish.
||Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient list of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
On-the-go breakfast bars
Makes 16 bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup millet flakes
1/4 cup quinoa
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons flax seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 11 x 18-inch rectangular baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup until it's creamy.
- Add the other ingredients and blend until everything is combined. Spoon the mixture into the baking pan and level it off evenly.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow the pan and mixture to cool.
- Use a large cutting board as your base, flip the mixture from the pan onto the cutting board. Slice the bars into 16 pieces.
The bars will keep their freshness for almost a week if you store them in an airtight container.
More gluten-free recipes
Gluten-free baking flour and cookies
Gluten-free quinoa granola
Gluten-free BBQ recipes & tips