Leftover pesto, some sliced sausage and a box of medium shells make for a delicious dinner in a flash.
These days it seems boxes of pasta come in pound form. But you really only need 10 ounces to serve a family of four. So now you're left with at least six ounces of pasta in a box on the shelf. And if you make your own sauce, odds are there's enough for at least two different meals. So what do you do with all the leftovers? Add some sliced sausage, a vegetable or two and make a whole new dinner that everyone will love.
Pesto Shells and Sausage
- 2 chicken sausages
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of beer
- 12 ounces medium shell pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup of pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pour beer into a large skillet and warm over medium-high heat. Place sausage in a pan and cook for 10-15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last three minutes of cooking. Drain the pasta and vegetables.
- Add the sausage, pesto, and Parmesan and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Other Pasta recipes from She Knows
Angel hair pasta with almond pesto
Corned beef pasta
Pasta-stuffed baked tomatoes