Sausages don't have to be just for breakfast -- grill them or braise them in beer for a delicious dinner choice any time of the day or year.
Italian sausages are great for dinner any time of the year, whether it's cold and blustery or hotter than the sun. They can be boiled in a pan on the stove or grilled outside on the barbecue -- it doesn't matter how you make them, they're always delicious.
With millions of ways to cook sausage, one of the easiest and quickest is braising it on the stove in a few bottles of beer. Add some apples and onions and you've given the sausage a hearty flavor that brings fall to your summer cook out.
Sausage Braised in Beer and Apples
- 3 bottles lager-style beer
- 2 fuji apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 Italian sausages
- Bring beer, apples, and onions to a boil over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until no longer pink and cooked all the way through. Transfer sausages to grill pan and reserve beer mixture.
- Grill sausages until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer reserved beer mixture with a slotted spoon to a platter. Place sausages on top and serve.
Other Beer Recipes
Beef and Guinness beer pie
Beer biscuit muffins
Texas broiled beer shrimp