Tacos are a wonderful quick dinner, but if you're looking for something a little healthier with all the flavor of a chicken taco, this salad is the perfect choice.
One of my favorite Mexican-inspired meals is this chicken taco salad. It has all the delicious flavors of a taco, but it's much healthier. Instead of taco meat, you've got grilled chicken. Instead of flour tortillas, you've got corn tortilla chips, plus a lot of lettuce, tomatoes, kidney beans, and, of course, cheese. Add a little dressing and some salsa and you've got a delicious alternative to fast food.
Chicken Taco Salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1, 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/3 cup thousand island dressing
- Grill the chicken breasts so they're no longer pink inside, about 3 minutes per side; remove from grill and let cool.
- While chicken cools, mix together lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, kidney beans, cheese, and salsa. Chop the cold chicken and add it to salad; pour in thousand island dressing and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Other Salad Recipes from She Knows
Dusty Spinach Salad
Peach Jello Salad
Sour Cucumber Salad