Premade Meatballs Make This The Perfect Quick Fix Dinner
Sweet and sour sauce is delicious over anything, from chicken to pork to shrimp, but spoon it over some premade meatballs and you've got a great dinner that's ready in a flash.
Swedish meatballs are one of those classic appetizers you find at parties; the reason they're such a hit is that they're easy to make and eat. Just add a few ingredients into a slow cooker or sauté pan, serve with a few toothpicks, and you're good to go. But, if you add some rice and a few more vegetables, this appetizer turns into a delectable dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1, 14-ounce can chicken stock
- 1, 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 12 premade frozen meatballs
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add the onions, carrots, and pepper and sauté until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, and ketchup and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Defrost meatballs for 30 seconds in the microwave; drop thawed meatballs into sauce and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes. Ladle meatballs and sauce over steamed white rice and serve.
More Tonight's Dinner Recipes >>
Other Meatball Recipes from She Knows
Meatballs and Gravy Sandwiches