Pork is a wonderful protein. Of all the meat you are ever going to eat, pork goes best with the widest array of ingredients. On its own, beef is too strong to play well with a lot of other ingredients and chicken can easily get disguised by sauces and other ingredients. But pork, with its salty sweetness, goes well with almost anything.
Don’t believe it? Try this savory pork and chocolate pizza pie recipe that showcases the very best of chocolate and pork.
Ingredients for savory pork and chocolate pizza
For the cheese:
For the sauce:
- 1, 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
For the toppings:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 4-ounces dark chocolate
- If you are using a crust mix, follow the package instructions for making and pre-baking your medium crust pizza. If your mix does not have pre-baking instructions, bake it for 12 minutes in a 350 degree F oven. If you're using a premade crust, it doesn't need preheating.
- Next, make the sauce by adding all of the ingredients until the tomato sauce starts to boil; remove the garlic cloves.
- After that, it is time to cook the pork. Melt the butter over medium heat and add the cloves of garlic; stir the garlic around so that it flavors the butter for about a minute, or until the butter starts to turn brown; add the pork and cook it in the butter until done all the way through, about 6 minutes.
- Finally, assemble the pizza by spreading the sauce across the pizza crust, then add the mozzarella, and finish with the toppings.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven, until the cheese melts.
More pizza recipes