Salad doesn't have to be a boring side dish of tomatoes and lettuce, add some feta cheese and pita chips and you've got a delicious entrée the whole family will love.
Sometimes I'm not in the mood to cook—it's too hot or I don't have the time, or sometimes I don't even want to turn on the stove. These are the times when I throw together a quick salad. It's delicious, it's easy, and on a hot day, there's nothing more satisfying.
Sometimes my salads are just tomatoes, greens, and whatever other vegetables I have in the refrigerator, but sometimes the veggies aren't enough. That's when I grill up a piece of chicken and add some feta cheese. Those are the salads that thrill everyone, especially me.
Grilled Chicken & Pita Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh oregano
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1, 5-ounce bag loose leaf arugula
- 1 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup pita chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first 4 ingredients (through the oregano) and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan over high heat; add chicken breasts and cook until no longer pink in the middle, 5 to 8 minutes; place breasts on a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the grilled chicken, arugula, tomatoes, olives, cheese, and pita chips; add the olive oil mixture and toss; serve immediately.
Other Salad Recipes
Asian Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing
Chicken Salad with Cucumber and Melon
Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad