Grilled Chicken With A Surprise Inside
Everyone loves grilled chicken breasts, but slice a little pocket in the center and fill it with goodies and you've got a dinner that will surprise and delight friends and family alike.
Nothing beats fresh mozzarella and basil together; they're like two peas in a pod. You see them all the time on pizza, in salads, or sandwiched between two slices of French bread. But what if you roll them up in a piece of prosciutto and put them inside chicken? You get a delectable dish that looks and tastes fancier than it really is.
Grilled Stuffed Chicken BreastS
- 2 slices proscuitto
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Top proscuitto slices with basil leaves and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella; roll up each proscuitto slice with everything in it and put aside.
- Insert a thin, sharp knife into the thickest part of the chicken breast and slice halfway through; continue slicing until you have a pocket about 2-inches in length; stuff 1 proscuitto roll into each pocket (if a little bit of the roll is hanging out, that's okay); season each breast with seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium heat; grill chicken until cooked all the way through and the cheese is melted, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Serve immediately.