Wrapped In Bacon
Bacon. It’s so delicious that you can pretty much wrap anything inside it and get a smorgasbord of heaven on a toothpick. These recipes have been tried and tested by bacon worshippers around the world and are guaranteed to make you bow down to the Bacon Gods. And if you don’t, you might want to check your taste buds. They might be broken.
Mexican Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Makes 4 servings
- 12 large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir lime zest, lime juice, oil and chili powder to make a paste. Coat the shrimp in the chili lime mixture on all sides.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half.
- Wrap the coated shrimp in the bacon slices and secure with toothpicks. Place the bacon-wrapped shrimp onto a broiling pan which has been lined with aluminum foil.
- Spread the remaining chili lime mixture on the outside of the bacon-wrapped shrimp.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
Bacon-Wrapped Barbecue Chicken
Makes 6 servings
- 6 slices bacon cut in half
- 12 chicken breast tenders
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 12 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half. Working one at a time, wrap chicken tenders with bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Pour barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl and dip each bacon-wrapped tender. Coat well.
- Cover a broiler pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place tenders on a broiler pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
Makes 8 servings
- 12 jalapeno peppers sliced in half with seeds removed
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 12 slices bacon cut in half
- 24 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove seeds and stems.
- Load up the jalapeno pepper halves with cream cheese.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around each jalapeno. Secure with toothpick.
- Bake in oven at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until bacon in crisp.
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
Makes 12 servings
- 12 slices bacon cut in thirds
- 36 dates
- 4 ounces bleu cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice dates in half lengthwise and stuff with bleu cheese.
- Close the dates and wrap each one with a third of a slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place bacon-wrapped dates on pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the dates over and cook for 20 more minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Bacon-Wrapped Sea Scallops
Makes 7 servings
- 10 large sea scallops, cut in half
- 10 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper in a cup. Use a pastry brush to baste the scallop halves with the mixture.
- Wrap each scallop in a half a slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped scallops on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 or until bacon is crisp.
More recipes with bacon