Cobb Salad As A... Pizza?
When most people think of pizza, pepperoni, mozzarella, and tomato sauce come to mind. But what if you took a salad and put it on top of pizza crust? A brand new, healthy pizza option is born.
Cobb Salad is one of those great salad stand-bys. It's easy to make, it's delicious and there's almost always one on any menu in any restaurant. And then there's pizza. Another easy, delicious, standby dinner that puts a smile on just about everybody's face. But what if there comes a night when you can't decide? On one hand you have pizza, in all its yummy, gooey, badness. And on the other hand there's cobb salad, a delightfully light and healthy entrée. But what if you didn't have to decide? What if you could put that salad on top of that savory pizza dough? Wouldn't that be perfect? Well, with this recipe from Cooking Light, now you can.
Cobb Salad Pizza
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Unroll dough on a baking sheet and pat into a rectangle. Sprinkle half the blue cheese over the dough and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Remove dough from oven and set aside.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and crumble into the oil mixture. Discard the oil.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in pan. Cook chicken until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and chop into cubes.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and onion to oil mixture; toss gently to combine. Add baby spinach and toss. Top crust with chicken mixture, avocado and remaining cheese. Slice pizza into pieces and serve.
Other Pizza Recipes
Mexican Pizza Recipe
Bite Sized Pizza
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza