Football season may be coming to an end, but that doesn't mean you have to give up on all those glorious football munchies. These ground lamb sliders are great for a casual dinner with the family or for a house full of football fans.
This time of year, everyone's trying to come up with something to make for their Superbowl parties: something that doesn't require a knife and fork; and, something that's easy to pick up and eat in just a couple bites.
The standard sliders always seem to be burgers, hot dogs, or pulled pork. Well, what if instead of making the same old burgers and fries, you made something really unusual that will have the fans screaming for more?
These delicious lamb sandwiches are just like sloppy joes only better. The hint of honey coupled with the King's Hawaiian Snacker Rolls adds just the right amount of sweetness. And, while they're a great choice for your party, they're also a perfect choice for a quick and easy dinner any day of the week.
Honey-Rosemary Lamb Sliders
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1, 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1, 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 8 King's Hawaiian Snacker Rolls
- 1, 5-ounce container of chèvre (goat cheese)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- In a large skillet over high heat, crumble and cook ground lamb until browned; remove meat with a slotted spoon and discard the fat from the pan.
- Return the meat to the pan; add onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until onions begin to brown, 3 to 4 minutes; add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, honey, and rosemary, stirring occasionally until hot; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the rolls on plates; spread the bottom of each roll with goat cheese; sprinkle the spinach leaves on top; spoon the lamb mixture over the spinach; place the top of the roll over the lamb mixture and serve.
More Slider Recipes
Pulled Pork Sliders
Super Bowl Sliders