Tomatoes And Mushrooms Make The Perfect Dinner
Dried porcini mushrooms, a bottle of premade tomato sauce and some tasty mushroom ravioli are all it takes to make a delectable dinner the whole family will love.
Sometimes there's just not enough time to make a complicated dinner of chicken, steak, or fish. Sometimes all you want to do is grab a bottle of tomato sauce and some Buitoni fresh pasta so you can have dinner on the table in 10 minutes. Well, this recipe allows you to do all that while spicing up the sauce enough to make it taste homemade.
Wild Mushroom Agnolotti with Creamy Tomato-Porcini Sauce
- 2 packages Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti
- 3/4-ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups marinara sauce (Newman's Own Sockarooni is great)
- Place dried porcini in a small bowl; pour the boiling water over the mushrooms and let stand until the mushrooms are soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove porcini from water, reserving soaking liquid; finely chop the porcini.
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat; add porcini and sauté about 3 minutes; add cream and 3/4 cup soaking liquid; simmer until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally; stir in the marinara sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cook the mushroom agnolotti according to the directions on the package and drain.
- Add agnolotti to sauce and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates, sprinkle fresh Parmesan over each and serve.
More Tomato Sauce Recipes
Hierloom Tomato Sauce
Tomato Sauce in the Raw
Spanish Tomato Sauce