The slow cooker is something every kitchen needs; a few ingredients and a protein thrown in a pot for a few hours are all it takes for a delicious dinner.
Even if you work from 9 to 5, it's still possible to get dinner on the table when you get home, all you need is a slow cooker. While you're getting the kids ready for school, but before you get dressed for work, pull out your slow cooker, mix up these few ingredients, pour it over a nice pork loin and voilà, dinner on the table by six.
Braised Pork with Lemon and Sage
- 3 pounds boned pork loin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse pork and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper; sprinkle mixture over pork.
- Pour oil into a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat; add pork and brown on all sides, about 15 minutes; transfer pork and any juices to a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Lower the flame to medium, then add garlic and sage and stir until garlic turns golden, about 1 minute; add the garlic and sage to the slow cooker along with milk, lemon peel, and lemon juice; cover and cook on high until pork is tender and sauce is reduced by half, 7 to 8 hours.
- 3 hours before the pork is done, uncover the slow cooker and let the pan juices reduce and thicken.
- Transfer pork to a rimmed platter and slice. Serve meat with sauce on the side.