Don’t throw away that leftover holiday eggnog just yet. Creamy eggnog combines with rum and nutmeg to create a delicious quick bread. This eggnog bread bakes well into muffins or mini loaves for the perfect snack sized treats.
Eggnog Quick Bread
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottoms of a 9x5 inch loaf pan, or three 3x5 inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Blend together the eggs, eggnog, rum, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add to eggnog mixture and stir just enough to moisten; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake bread in large pan for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Breads baked in the smaller pans require 35 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Cool completely, wrap tightly and store in refrigerator for up to three days.
Note: For an added kick, stir in a 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips.
Adapted from allrecipes.com
More Quick Bread Recipes from SheKnows
Basic Quick Bread Recipe
Spiced Bran Quick Bread
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread