The classic childhood combination of peanut butter and jelly is reworked into a perfect cookie. These soft peanut butter cookies with a jam-filled center are a sure way to earn praises from those PB&J lovers in your life.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Yield | about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling dough
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup jelly, jam or preserves in your flavor choice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together sugar, brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter. until blended. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture. Beat well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool 2 minutes. Make a depression in the center of each warm cookie with your finger or the back of a teaspoon. Fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon jelly, jam or preserves. Cool completely.
Adapted from allrecipes