One Jar Of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce Is All It Takes For A Delightful Dinner
Risotto is one of those dishes that seems complicated, but is actually quite easy to make; it just takes a little longer. You can find the Aborio rice at any grocery store and just like most pasta dishes, you can add any vegetables or proteins you want.
Risotto is one of those classic Italian dishes that everyone always loves. It's rich and creamy and has so many varieties, even if you had risotto every night, every night it would be a completely different dish. Sure it takes about 45 minutes to make from start to finish, but that shouldn't deter you. No matter what recipe you use (including this one from Bertolli), you won't be disappointed. And neither will your guests.
Creamy Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto
- 1 jar (15 oz) Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup Aborio rice
- 8 oz asparagus, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring Alfredo sauce and stock to a boil; keep warm.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. In large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and cook shrimp until almost pink, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and sauté shallot until softened.
- Add the rice and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add the sauce mixture 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the sauce mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, reserving 1 1/2 cups.
- Add the asparagus, then remaining sauce mixture 1/2 cup at a time until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir in the shrimp and lemon juice and cook until the shrimp turns pink, another 2-3 minutes, and serve.