Simple Yet Scrumptious
Delicious maple syrup combines with pecans to create a simple yet scrumptious dessert fit for any occasion. A scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream makes these bars extra special.
Maple pecan bars
Yields 24 bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups maple syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided use
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 2/3 cup cake mix; set aside. Combine remaining cake mix, melted butter, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla in a large bowl; stir until thoroughly blended (mixture will be crumbly); press into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Combine reserved cake mix, maple syrup, remaining 3 eggs, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixing bowl; beat at low speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes; pour over crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool completely in pan; transfer to refrigerator for at least 3 hours, this step makes it much easier to cut into bars.
Adapted from: Duncan Hines
More holiday dessert recipes