Rich chocolate brownies with harvest flair are a delicious addition to the dessert repertoire for your holiday baking. Layering pumpkin and chocolate batters creates a tasty cake-like brownie that is so moist and full of flavor, no frosting is needed.
Pumpkin-chocolate swirl brownies
Yields 16 brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cups melted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Mix together the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract; add in eggs one at time until well mixed. Divide the batter into two bowls.
- In one of the bowls, mix in the cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
- In the other bowl mix in the pumpkin purée, pecans, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Starting with the chocolate mixture, layer the batters; bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cut into squares after they have cooled.
More holiday dessert recipes