For those who like to cook -- or do just about anything else in the kitchen -- Black Friday 2010 is what you need to get your food on! Whether it's a gift for yourself or your favorite foodie, retailers nationwide are sure to provide Black Friday sales you can sink your teeth into.
It sounds more like something that would send you hiding, but Black Friday, traditionally the day after Thanksgiving when retail stores open before dawn to kick off the Christmas shopping season, is a day many shoppers look forward to all year long. Some people avoid the stores on Black Friday at all costs, while others wait in line for hours, often in their pajamas.
Although retail experts say that the sales really start in October, Black Friday is still a draw for those looking for the "thrill of victory" in scoring sales. While people generally head out for Black Friday's early morning electronics and toy extravaganza, don't fret. Retailers like Sears have indicated that 2010 is the year that sales will be bigger and more expansive, reaching a variety of products. You'll be sure to find kitchen goodies of all sorts, either as a gift to yourself or for your favorite foodie.
In the past, retailers would keep a tight lid on their big sales up until the week of Thanksgiving. Now it seems that ads "leak" out well in advance of the big day. Below is a retail roundup of the stores and items you'll find with deep discounts to help you get your cook on this holiday season.
Target Black Friday Deals
- Emerson 12 Bottle Wine Cooler - $69 (Regular price $99.99)
- Black and Decker 5-Cup Coffeemaker - $8.99 (Regular price $14.99)
- Black and Decker Family Size Griddle - $19 (Regular price $29.99)
- Black and Decker TRO490B 4-Slice Toaster Oven – $19 (Regular price $29.99)
- Chefmate 5 Speed Electric Hand Mixer - $3.00 – Stores Only
- Ninja Master Prep Food and Drink Maker - $28 (Regular price $49.99)
Sneak a peek at the Target ad
Macy's Black Friday Deals
- 4.5-Quart Kitchenaid Stand Mixer - $179.99
- Bella Cucina Juicer - $39.99 (Regular price $79.99)
- Cuisinart Food Processor - $69.99
- Sunbeam Stand Mixer - $49.99
Sneak a peek at the Macy's ad
JC Penney Black Friday Deals
- Sunbeam Stand Mixer - $99.88 after mail-in rebate (Regular price $199.99)
- Corningware 12-piece Cookware Set - $38.88 after mail-in rebate (Regular price $99.99)
- Kitchenaid 16-piece Triple-Rivet Cutlery Set - $39.88 (Regular price $119.99)
- J.A. Henckels 8-piece Steak Knives in wood gift box - $24.88 (Regular price $79.99)
Sneak a peek at the JC Penney ad
Sears Black Friday Deals
- Keurig B40 Single Serve Coffeemaker - $109.99 (Regular price $119.99)
- Hamilton Beach 4-quart Slow Cooker - $9.99 (Regular price $19.99)
Sneak a peek at the Sears ad
Kohl's Black Friday Deals
- Bobby Flay 5-pc. Griller's Kit - $47.99 (Regular price $79.99)
- Food Network Nonstick Roaster - $29.99 (Regular price $49.99)
Sneak a peek at the Kohl's ad
Even More Black Friday Deals:
More Black Friday Deals from SheKnows:
How to save money on Black Friday
Black Friday 2010 ads leaked!
More Black Friday 2010 ads leaked!