Sensational Seasonal Recipes
This winter come in out of the cold and cozy up in front of a warm oven. Filled with hearty seasonal ingredients, these creative winter recipes will turn your kitchen into a deliciously warm retreat.
(page 3 of 3)
Pumpkin Baked Ziti
Pumpkins aren't just for carving. This slightly sweet squash adds a creamy punch to traditional winter recipes that is quite delightful.
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ziti cooked and drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove sausage from skillet, pat with paper towels to drain. Chop sausage and set aside.
- Drain fat from skillet to leave only a coating.
- Add onion, garlic and crushed pepper to skillet. Sautee for two minutes.
- Pour in pumpkin puree and chicken stock, stir.
- Stir in salt, pepper and dried sage.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and cream cheese to mixture. Simmer for five minutes, until cream cheese is melted and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Spread cooked pasta and chopped sausage in a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Pour pumpkin cream mixture over pasta and sausage tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Cranberry Almond Cheesecake
Cranberries bring tang, while almonds add a tasty crunch to this creamy, sweet winter recipe.
- 1 Graham cracker crust
- 3 8 ounce bars cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp grated orange or lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place cream cheese, sugar and almond extract in a mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until blended.
- Beat in eggs just until they have been blended into the mixture.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cranberries and the orange or lemon peel.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cranberries and almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight.
More Winter Recipe Ideas
Snow Day Recipes or the Kids
Winter Fruit Salads
Eggnog Recipes for Breakfast and Dessert