Cute And Delcious
Candy Corn Cookies
Sugar cookie season is quickly approaching, so I wanted to start a little early and give this holiday classic an autumn twist. Using a delicious lemon infused sugar cookie dough, these cookies were rolled into festive colored sugar and then topped with delicious candy corn kisses. Get out an ice cold glass of milk, because you’re going to need it!
Candy Corn Kiss cookie recipe
Yields 60 cookies
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 5 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup of orange sanding sugar
- 60 Hershey's Candy Corn Kisses
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the lemon zest and sugar until moist and fragrant.
- Add butter, vanilla, and sour cream and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs, one at time until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined; take care not to over mix.
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or use a silicone baking mat.
- Once dough is chilled, roll into 1 1/2- inch balls and toss in sanding sugar until well coated.
- Bake in preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Remove cookies to a rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooling, push an unwrapped candy corn kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool completely.
More holiday cookie recipes