Slow And Low
With the weather cooling, it's an ideal time to pull out your slow cooker. There's no nicer way to come home on a chilly autumn night that to a crockpot full of a warm, ready made dinner, and a house full of the smells of savory barbecued pulled pork. Just toss the ingredients for this meal in your slow cooker in the morning, and it'll be ready as soon as you step through the door.
Simple and so savory, you can't go wrong with a crockpot full of these pulled pork sandwiches. If you're in a pinch, you can use your favorite bottled barbecue sauce and prepackages coleslaw mix. But, we've included our favorite from-scratch recipe for a homemade BBQ sauce you're sure to love.
Pulled pork sandwiches recipe
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 can cola (use the sort made with real sugar)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork ribs
- 6 hard rolls
- Prepackaged cole slaw mix and dressing, or use this easy recipe
- Place the ketchup, mustard, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, cola, and vinegar in your crockpot. Stir until well mixed. Add the pork ribs and coat thoroughly with the sauce. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Once the meat is fully cooked and tender, use two forks to pull the pork into shreds. Stir into the BBQ sauce mixture.
- Prepare cole slaw according to the directions on the package.
- Serve pork on rolls topped with coleslaw.
More pulled pork recipes
Pulled pork tostadas
Caramelized onion and pulled pork grilled cheese
Pulled pork sliders with avocado