Enjoy Honey To
Besides its delicious natural sweetness, honey can help keep alleviate cold and flu symptoms and keep you healthy during cold season. Get your fill of honey with these simple and tasty honey recipes to stay healthy and energized during the chilly winter months.
(page 2 of 2)
All recipes courtesy of The National Honey Board
Honey citrus soother
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tea bags green or black
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- Place tea bags and cinnamon stick in a 1-quart tea pot. Add boiling water; steep 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and tea bags; discard. Stir in honey and grapefruit juice.
Honey champagne fondue
Makes 2 servings
- 16 ounces Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 cups brut champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Toss cheese with cornstarch and dry mustard to coat; reserve. 2. In a heavy pan or fondue pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Sauté shallot and garlic until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add champagne and bring to a boil.
- Slowly add reserved cheese mixture, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Stir in honey and lemon juice; stir until smooth and continue to simmer 2-3 minutes more.
- Season with nutmeg and pepper. Serve immediately; keep warm.
Apple honey crisp
Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds apples, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup honey, separated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Warm nutmeg cream, (recipe below) or ice cream
- Toss apples with 1/2 cup honey, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl. Turn into 2-quart baking dish.
- For topping, beat flour with butter and 1/4 cup honey until crumbly; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve with warm nutmeg cream or ice cream.
Warm nutmeg cream
Makes 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil.
- Simmer, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
More honey recipes