Bacon isn't just for breakfast and BLTs. Bacon can be an incredible ingredient in cookies, ice cream, and more. Check out these yummy recipes for salty-sweet bacon treats.
(page 2 of 3)
Maple-bacon chocolate chip cookies
Yield 24 cookies
Add bacon bits to your favorite cookie recipes for a snack your whole family will love. These maple-bacon chocolate chip cookies are delicious, salty-sweet goodness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add one egg; beat until blended into the butter mixture. Add the second egg, vanilla, and maple extract. Beat until well blended and lightly fluffy.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture a bit at a time, mixing just until combined. Stir in the bacon and chocolate chips. Scoop rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Up next: Bacon ice cream >>