Bacon isn't just for breakfast and BLTs. Bacon can be an incredible ingredient in cookies, ice cream, and more. Check out these yummy recipes for salty-sweet bacon treats.
Chocolate covered bacon
Chocolate lovers will tell you that chocolate makes everything better — even bacon. This salty-sweet treat is a favorite at state fairs, but you can make it in your own kitchen. It's a fun party food that is certain to get your guests talking.
- 12 thick-sliced strips of bacon
- 12 wooden skewers
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6-ounces white chocolate, melted
- Brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Thread each bacon strip onto a wooden skewer and place on a rack in a baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until crisp. Allow bacon to cool.
- Microwave chocolate chips and shortening until melted. Stir until smooth.
- With tongs, dip each bacon strip into chocolate coating and then set on wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, pecans, and other toppings (coconut, pepper, apple chips, etc.) as desired.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate until firm.
Up next: Bacon cookies >>