Host A Home Run
Of A Party!
The World Series will be starting in just a few days and no matter who you are rooting for, it’s a fun time to get your family and friends together to enjoy great food, great drinks and, of course, watch every exciting minute of the games.
(page 2 of 2)
BBQ Chicken Nachos
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 16 corn tortilla chips
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 2 1/4-ounce can sliced olives, drained
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook chicken in a skillet until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Let chicken cool for a few minutes and shred with a fork into pieces.
- Meanwhile, mix ketchup with garlic and brown sugar until combined.
- Mix shredded chicken with ketchup mixture and spoon on top of each tortilla chip.
- Arrange chips on an aluminum foil-covered baking sheet and top with beans, olives, tomatoes, peppers, and cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven until cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Mini Corn Dogs with Blue Cheese Sauce
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 24 mini hot dogs
- 1/4 pound crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. With 2 knives or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until a coarse crumb is made; stir in milk until a soft dough is formed.
- Knead dough on a flat, floured surface until smooth; roll dough out into a large circle.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out 24 small circles. Wrap each hot dog in a circle and place on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil.
- Bake until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blue cheese with mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and hot sauce and stir until combined. Serve with warm corn dogs.
Cracker Jack Shot
Makes 1 shot
- 1/2-ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 1/2-ounce whiskey
- Pour schnapps in a shot glass and top with whiskey.