Baby Food Recipes
Fall ushers in the harvest of pears, apples, and winter squash like butternut, hubbard, and acorn. These foods make some of the most beloved baby foods around. Not only are they packed full of nutrition with vitamin A, vitamin C, and even some calcium and iron, they also are quite tasty and easy to digest. If your baby is just beginning the journey into solid foods in the fall, she is truly lucky and in for a big treat! Here are a few recipes with a fall flair.
(page 3 of 4)
Baked Spiced Pears
What you need:
- 6 pears, try Bosc or Comice pears
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and cut the pears in half lengthwise, remove seeds, core
- Lightly spread olive oil in the baking dish, then place the pears in baking dish.
- Sprinkle the pears with some cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until soft and golden.
- Pears are generally soft, so keep a watch as they may bake faster than you realize.
Ideas for serving baked pears:
- Slip skins off and purée, serve alone or blend with other fruits or vegetables like acorn squash and sweet potatoes or, blend into meats and cereals.
- Slip skins off and make a fruit spread.
- Slip skins off and dice into finger foods
- Blend into warm brown rice, add yogurt, and mix for instant rice pudding.
>>>Up next: Baked acorn squash bowls