Quick & Easy Suppers
On busy school days, it’s easy to give up on the idea of a home-cooked dinner. Skip the fast food joints and make one of these 10-minute back to school dinner recipes, they're perfect for busy evenings.
(page 4 of 5)
Hidden veggie french bread pizza
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine carrot, bell pepper, spinach, tomatoes, and basil over high heat; add sugar, salt, and pepper to taste; simmer until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- Spread on slices of French bread, which have been halved lengthwise.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, and bake in an oven preheated to 450 degrees F until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Up next: Angel hair pasta with buttered veggies >>