Chelsea Clinton’s wedding menu featured a mostly vegan recipes and a gluten-free wedding cake. Do you need to be a former First Daughter to have a green themed Chelsea Clinton wedding menu? Of course not! Eco-awareness and the growing number of people following animal- and gluten-free diets are driving factors in the rise of eco-friendly weddings. Here are some ideas inspired by Chelsea Clinton's wedding menu, including a gluten-free wedding cake recipe.
(page 2 of 2)
vanilla Gluten-Free wedding Cake recipe
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato flour
- 1/3 tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours and xanthum gum. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan and sprinkle with flour mixture, tapping excess back into large bowl. Set baking pan aside. Whisk baking powder into flour mixture.
- In another large bowl, combine sugar and melted butter and beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with milk, beating on low speed until well-combined.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Frost with your favorite buttercream frosting.
More about Chelsea Clinton's wedding