Be A Bake
Back to school means back to bake sales! Fund raising will be a breeze with these delicious gourmet treats. Wrap each treat in a cellophane bag, tie with a colorful ribbon and attach with a printed label. Just be sure to make extras, these baked goods are going to sell out fast!
(page 2 of 2)
Makes 80 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1, 16-ounce can chocolate syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat the sugar and butter with a mixer; add the chocolate syrup and one egg at a time, continue beating until you add all of the eggs; stir in the flour; pour into a 9 x 13-inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or, if using a jelly roll pan, bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat the butter, sugar and milk in a saucepan; stir constantly until it starts to boil and then time mixture for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips; beat until smooth and pour over the brownies.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
Chocolate caramel pretzels
Makes 24 servings
- 1 package of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package of caramels, wrappers removed
- 1 package of large pretzel sticks
- 2 cups of finely chopped pecans or almonds
- Melt the caramels and stir until smooth; stick one end of a pretzel into the caramel and then place on waxed paper to harden; continue doing this until all of the pretzels are coated with caramel.
- Next, dip the caramel ends into the melted chocolate until the caramel is covered, you will only see the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the chocolate ends with chopped nuts while the chocolate is still soft.
Note: Pretzels may be decorated with sprinkles after dipping in chocolate.
More bake sale recipes