Maybe you're trying to get dinner on the table before the kids/inlaws/hot date faint from starvation. Maybe you're in a hurry and you need to eat something now. Whatever the reason, the humble boneless, skinless chicken breast is ready to be your go-to ingredient when you gotta eat and you gotta eat quick. You can make this chicken recipe in less than 15 minutes with these two techniques, which you can carry over into other quick dinners.
Taste vs Haste
You're probably thinking that with the words "boneless skinless chicken breast," you're pretty much trading taste for haste. On the contrary, these delicious and quick chicken dinner recipes are so good, everyone will want it again and again.
Quick chicken recipe tips
We'll concentrate on two keys: flat and flavor. First, we're going to take some of our 15 minutes and pound the heck out of the chicken so it cooks quickly (flat breasts are a bonus for once). Second, we're going to add a bunch of flavors in the form of orange, mint and butter. A quick chicken dinner never had it so good.
Keep in mind that this is simply a technique, and one that you can use again and again with different ingredients to make your own take on our tasty 15-minute quick chicken recipe. Just keep the chicken flat and the flavors lively.
Orange Mint 15-Minute Chicken Dinner
Serve the chicken with the orange-mint sauce spooned on top of it, accompanied with a nice green salad (which you can prepare while the chicken is cooking).
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one orange
- 2 tablespoons butter (omit for a healthier version)
- 4 mint leaves, sliced
- Zest of one orange (optional)
- Put a skillet over medium-high heat and let it get hot.
- While the skillet is charging, put the chicken between two pieces of waxed paper or into a plastic bag and take out your frustrations on it. The chicken should end up about 1/4 inch thick (or as close to it as possible.)
- Add the olive oil to the skillet. Wait about 5 seconds for the oil to get hot and add the chicken breasts. Look out for spatters when you add the chicken.
- Immediately move the chicken around a bit. The skillet may be hot enough that the chicken will brown too quickly, so you want to give it a little push. Add the orange juice.
- Cook the chicken 6 to 7 minutes and then flip. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes more or until the chicken is done all the way through. (If you are using a meat thermometer, you can remove the chicken at around 162 degrees.)
- Finally, add the butter, mint and orange zest and let the butter melt. Let the chicken rest 2 to 3 minutes before plating.
More quick chicken ideas
Melissa d'Arabian makes Chicken Marengo
Chicken Marengo is cooked in a simple tomato sauce that everyone will love. This video recipe is from 10 Dollar Dinners on Food Network.
More quick chicken recipes
Quick grilled chicken recipes
Fast chicken sandwich recipes
Quick chicken recipes from Food & Wine