What kind of ice cream?
If you have the time and energy, making homemade ice cream is a good choice, but if you are just looking for a quick and simple frozen treat then feel free to use your favorite store bought brand. Or you can use a website like ecreamery.com to make your very own unique ice cream flavors!
Homemade v. store bought cookies & cake
Feel free to use either homemade or store bought cookies or cake. Ice cream sandwiches can be made simple by using any flavor store bought cookie. If you make your own cookies or cake you get to choose your favorite favor and you can adjust the size to make extra large or mini ice cream treats. Another bonus of using homemade cookies is that you can make fun shapes using cookie cutters.
To garnish or not to garnish
Adding your own favorite garnishes to an ice cream sandwich or ice cream cake makes then unique and festive. You can dip the edges of an ice cream sandwich in mini M&Ms, mini chocolate morsels, sprinkle, or your favorite candy. An ice cream cake is great when layered with fresh fruit or crumbled cookies.
8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 quart favorite ice cream flavor, softened
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover the bottom of 2 8 x 8-inch square pans with aluminum foil.
2. Combine chocolate and butter in a saucepan and heat until melted and well combined, do not let mixture come to a simmer. While mixture is cooling, beat sugar with eggs until mixture is fluffy. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture then beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and salt then pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake brownies for 18 to 20 minutes or until baked through. Let brownies cool well, about 2 hours.
4. Then spread ice cream overtop of brownies in one pan. Flip the brownies out of the other pan and place on top of ice cream. Cut brownies into squares and dip sides into chopped nuts.
8 maraschino cherries
1 pint favorite flavor ice cream, softened
4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1. Place 1 maraschino cherry in the bottom of each of 8 shot glasses. Spoon ice cream into each shot glass, 1/2 of the way full. Drizzle chocolate syrup and nuts over ice cream and top with more ice cream.
2. Stick a popsicle stick into each shot glass and place on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in freezer and let freeze overnight or for at least 4 to 5 hours. When ready to serve, let popsicles defrost for a few minutes then remove from shot glasses.
10 chocolate chip cookies, finely ground
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 pint peanut butter (or favorite flavor) ice cream, softened
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted peanuts
2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
2 teaspoons caramel syrup
1. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter until crumbs are well moistened. Press crumbs into the bottom and sides of 8 cups of a mini muffin tin. Freeze tin for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. When crust is frozen spoon ice cream into muffin tins and freeze again for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. When ice cream is frozen sprinkle peanuts and drizzle chocolate and caramel syrups over top. Freeze until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!