If you look forward to the sweet taste of summer fruits like berries, peaches, and melons during the warmer season, chances are you will enjoy transforming your fruit into a sweet, healthy dessert. Below are 3 fruit dessert recipes to make your sundaes more flavorful with fewer calories.
2, 8-ounce containers (2 cups) nonfat peach yogurt
1/2 pint fresh raspberries, (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen or canned pineapple chunks
1. Divide and layer yogurt, raspberries and pineapple into 4 glasses.
3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
6 gingersnaps, crumbled (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Toss peach halves with brown sugar and lemon juice, and place them cut-side-up on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If the juice on the pan begins to burn, add a little water and loosely cover the fruit with foil.
3. Top each peach half with a 1/2-cup scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of crumbled gingersnaps (if using). Serve immediately.
1 cup strawberries, plus more for garnish
1/2 cup raspberries, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
1. Puree strawberries and raspberries with sugar and lemon juice in a blender. Serve over frozen yogurt and top with sliced strawberries and raspberries, if desired.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!