(page 2 of 5)
Sweet on Fruit
If you look forward to the sweet taste of summer fruits like berries, peaches, and melons during the warmer season, chances are you will enjoy transforming your fruit into a sweet, healthy dessert. Below are 3 fruit dessert recipes to make your sundaes more flavorful with fewer calories.
4 parfaits; 109 calories per serving
2, 8-ounce containers (2 cups) nonfat peach yogurt
1/2 pint fresh raspberries, (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen or canned pineapple chunks
1. Divide and layer yogurt, raspberries and pineapple into 4 glasses.
Roasted Peach Sundae
6 servings; 138 calories per serving
3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
6 gingersnaps, crumbled (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Toss peach halves with brown sugar and lemon juice, and place them cut-side-up on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If the juice on the pan begins to burn, add a little water and loosely cover the fruit with foil.
3. Top each peach half with a 1/2-cup scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of crumbled gingersnaps (if using). Serve immediately.
4 servings; 130 calories per serving
1 cup strawberries, plus more for garnish
1/2 cup raspberries, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
1. Puree strawberries and raspberries with sugar and lemon juice in a blender. Serve over frozen yogurt and top with sliced strawberries and raspberries, if desired.