Tastes Of Summer
Summer is a beautiful time for entertaining, but in the current recession, we’re all trying to save a few pennies any way we can. This doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice delicious treats for our guests, though. Behold 10 of our favorite summer side recipes – all for under $10!
(page 6 of 10)
Garbanzo and Avocado Salad
Kimberly at PoorGirlEatsWell.com offers this fabulous salad (look how gorgeous it is!) that costs about $2 a serving – and is super-healthy.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 small Roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- small handful of cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- juice of 2 medium oranges
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- couple pinches of cayenne pepper
- a very generous amount of ground black pepper
- Dressing: Whisk all dressing ingredients together until completely blended. Combine the beans and veggies in a medium bowl and toss together with the dressing.
- Garnish with extra black pepper if you like, serve over plenty of fresh greens or by itself -- and enjoy.
Up next: tuscan bread salad