Recipes courtesy of Chef Rama Ginde of WannaBeeChef.com
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
2 cups tangerine juice or tangerine-orange juice
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 orange, zested
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
2 chicken breasts
2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
Grilled oranges and tangerines, for garnish
1. Heat the grill to medium-high.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tangerine juice and thyme, bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to approximately 1/2 cup, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Strain the mixture into a bowl and whisk in the zest, syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice and black pepper and let cool to room temperature. (Sauce can be made 2 days in advance and brought to room temperature before using.)
4. Brush chicken on both sides with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through. Begin brushing with the glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
5. Transfer chicken to a platter and sprinkle with the green onion. Garnish with grilled citrus to serve.
1 bag baby spinach
1/2 radicchio head, sliced
6 shrimp, grilled
1 red onion, sliced thinly
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe below)
1/4 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1. In a large bowl, mix spinach, radicchio, shrimp and onion.
2. Add vinaigrette and toss to combine. Garnish with apricots and feta.
Makes about 3/4 cup
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1 shallot, minced
Pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, shallot, salt and pepper.
2. Gradually whisk in extra virgin olive oil. Taste test, you might have to add honey or salt depending on your liking.
3. Stir in chopped chives. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!