Add some flavor and spice to your Easter menu with these succulent, juicy chops of lamb.
1 tablespoon curry powder
Pinch of cayenne
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
8 lamb chops
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. In a small bowl, make a paste with curry, cayenne, oregano, rosemary, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Rub spice paste all over lamb chops. Transfer to a baking dish, cover, and marinate overnight.
3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Place chops in the skillet in one layer (do in batches, adding oil, if necessary). Brown chops on both sides, about 4 minutes each side.
4. Add butter to the center of the skillet and swirl to distribute. Turn chops every 2 to 3 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 120 to 125 degrees F.
5. Transfer chops to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Naturally low in calories and carbs, asparagus and mushrooms are a tasty low carb combination in this elegant low carb side dish.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
12 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 pound slender asparagus spears, ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Finely grated zest from half a lemon
1/2 cup creme fraiche
1. Heat oil and butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted, swirl skillet a few times then add mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
2. Add asparagus, thyme and lemon zest, and cook, stirring often, until asparagus is tender. Add mushrooms back to skillet and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with crème fraiche.
A low carb Easter menu needn't be restricted a simple entrée and single side dish. Serve lamb chops with the asparagus and mushroom saute as well as this flavorful Brussels sprouts and bacon side.
1-1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
4 slices bacon, chopped
Zest of half an orange
Juice of a whole orange
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Shred Brussels sprouts in a food processor fitted with the shredder disk. (Alternatively, you can hand grate Brussel sprouts, or thinly slice them.)
2. Add bacon to a large skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
3. Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned. Stir in orange zest and juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add bacon back to skillet, tossing to coat. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!