Starting out as a religious holiday to honor the day before Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent, Shrove Tuesday, or Pancake Day, has turned into a national week long celebration (February 14 to 20 this year. To help you deliciously celebrate National Pancake Week, we're sharing our best pancake-making tips along with three pancake recipes you can enjoy any time of day.
(page 2 of 2)
Best Ever Buttermilk Pancakes
Makes 12 servings
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a second large bowl, beat buttermilk, milk, eggs and butter. Gradually whisk flour mixture into milk mixture, mixing until combined (do not over mix).
4. Ladle 1/4- to 1/2-cup of batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on top and edges set. Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
Pancake and Bacon Casserole
Makes 8 servings
An interesting take on the classic pancake, egg and bacon breakfast.
2. Cook the bacon in a skillet or microwave until crispy. Crumble bacon.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, both sugars, baking powder and salt.
4. In a second large bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Gradually whisk flour mixture into egg mixture and stir until just combined. Mix the crumbled bacon into the batter and pour into the prepared dish.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool before cutting.
Whole Wheat Chocolate and Banana Pancakes
Makes 6 servings
Dessert pancakes make any morning extra special.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. In a second large bowl, beat egg and milk. Gradually stir flour mixture into egg mixture, until just combined. Gently stir in banana slices and chocolate chips.
3. Ladle 1/4- to 1/2-cup of batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on top and edges are set. Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
More pleasingly perfect pancake recipes