The best time to enjoy grapefruits is the winter season, so it makes sense that February is National Grapefruit Month. Not just a healthy breakfast food anymore, grapefruits are very versatile and can be used in everything from zesty entrees to refreshing desserts. Here are a few grapefruit recipes and the health benefits of this tangy-sweet citrus fruit.
(page 2 of 2)
National Grapefruit Month Recipes
Fennel & Grapefruit Salad
Makes 6 servings
2. Whisk olive oil together with vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle dressing over salad and gently toss.
Baked Tilapia with Grapefruit
Makes 2 servings
2. Place 1 tablespoon butter in an ovenproof baking dish. Place tilapia in skillet and season with salt and pepper.
3. Combine bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon butter, sesame seeds and sage. Sprinkle mixture over tilapia and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until just about cooked through.
4. Arrange grapefruit segments on fish and brush with butter. Bake for another 2 to 3 minutes or until fully cooked.
Makes 4 servings
2. Slice grapefruits in half and arrange in a baking dish. Drizzle butter over grapefruit halves and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden on top. Garnish each with a cherry.
More zesty sweet grapefruit treats