1/2 cup melted trans fat-free margarine
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
24 low-sodium whole-grain Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a shallow bowl, mix melted margarine with oregano and paprika. In a second shallow bowl, combine crackers and cheese.
3. Dip chicken pieces in margarine then in cracker mixture.
4. Arrange chicken pieces on a baking tray and bake 20 minutes or until outside is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of The American Heart Association
2/3 cup fat-free or light sour cream
3 tablespoons fat-free or light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 chipotle pepper, canned in adobo sauce
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients except cilantro in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well combined and smooth.
2. Spoon dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the American Heart Association
Vegetable oil spray
1 pound unpeeled apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon trans fat-free margarine
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Low-fat yogurt or ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Lightly spray a 9-inch glass baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Arrange the apples in the dish.
3. Bake apples in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until just tender.
4. Sprinkle the apples with sugar then mix in margarine, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
5. Top with yogurt or ice cream.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!