Host a glamorous Golden Globes party
Red Carpet recipes and tips
After the holiday hustle and bustle winds down, red carpet season gets underway with the Golden Globes on Jan. 13.
These tasty little bites are inspired by The Hunger Games.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, horseradish, breadcrumbs, onions, salt and pepper. Mix in both meats until well combined. Shape meat mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 30 to 40 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour. Stir in broth and cook until thickened. Add sour cream and dill and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- When ready to serve, either cover the meatballs with the sauce or serve the sauce on the side.
This party dessert is inspired by Les Miserables.
- 8 large cooking apples, peeled, halved, cored, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 package puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sprinkle with remaining sugar. When sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat and arrange apple slices in it.
- Place the skillet back on the heat and cook until apples are softened. Let cool for a few minutes then top with pastry dough and trim the edges.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and flaky. To serve, flip skillet over and top with whipped cream.
Inspired by Nashville.
- 1-1/2 ounces brandy
- 1 ounce creme de cacao
- 1 ounce half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Combine brandy, creme de cacao, and half-and-half in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into a brandy glass and garnish with nutmeg.
More appetizers and finger food recipes
Golden Globe-inspired cocktail recipes
3 Appetizers under 100 calories
10 Quick party appetizers
Photo credits: Lionsgate via WENN (Hunger Games), Universal Pictures via WENN (Les Miserables), ABC via WENN (Nashville)
Recommended for You