(page 2 of 2)
Red Carpet recipes
After the holiday hustle and bustle winds down, red carpet season gets underway with the Golden Globes on Jan. 13. To celebrate the evening's awards, host a glamorous Golden Globes get-together with chic decorations and movie and television-themed eats and drinks.
These tasty little bites are inspired by The Hunger Games.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, horseradish, breadcrumbs, onions, salt and pepper. Mix in both meats until well combined. Shape meat mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 30 to 40 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour. Stir in broth and cook until thickened. Add sour cream and dill and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- When ready to serve, either cover the meatballs with the sauce or serve the sauce on the side.
This party dessert is inspired by Les Miserables.
- 8 large cooking apples, peeled, halved, cored, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 package puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sprinkle with remaining sugar. When sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat and arrange apple slices in it.
- Place the skillet back on the heat and cook until apples are softened. Let cool for a few minutes then top with pastry dough and trim the edges.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and flaky. To serve, flip skillet over and top with whipped cream.
Inspired by Nashville.
- 1-1/2 ounces brandy
- 1 ounce creme de cacao
- 1 ounce half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Combine brandy, creme de cacao, and half-and-half in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into a brandy glass and garnish with nutmeg.
More appetizers and finger food recipes
Golden Globe-inspired cocktail recipes
3 Appetizers under 100 calories
10 Quick party appetizers
Photo credits: Lionsgate via WENN (Hunger Games), Universal Pictures via WENN (Les Miserables), ABC via WENN (Nashville)