New Year's cocktail recipes
Hot Spiced Wine
Makes 4 servings
1 gallon red wine
10 cinnamon sticks
14 whole cloves
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
1. Heat wine in a large pot over medium heat until warmed through (do not let it boil).
2. Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, sugar, orange juice and lemon slices to the wine and stir well to dissolve sugar. Continue heating for 5 to 6 more minutes. Take pot off of heat and let sit for at
least 1 hour.
3. When ready to serve, pour wine through a colander and discard cinnamon sticks, cloves and lemon slices. Reheat for a few minutes before serving or serve cold.
Note: If served cold, you can top each mug with a few splashes of Champagne or sparkling wine
Dark Chocolate Martini
Makes 1 martini
2 ounces dark chocolate liqueur
2 ounces crème de cacao
1 ounce half and half
2 ounces vodka
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 tablespoon dark chocolate powder
1. Combine dark chocolate liqueur, crème de caco, half and half, and vodka in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until frothy.
2. Dip a chilled martini glass into chocolate syrup then into chocolate powder. Pour cocktail into prepared glass to serve.
Makes 1 cocktail
2 ounces scotch
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. Shake scotch, lime juice and powdered sugar in a cocktail shaker with ice until sugar dissolves.
2. Strain into an old-fashioned glass and garnish with a cherry.
More New Year's Eve party tips and recipes