(page 2 of 2)
Kid-friendly New Year's party recipes
Pineapple Grape Sparkler
Makes 10 servings
1 liter ginger ale, chilled
11 ounces canned pineapple juice, chilled
16 ounces white grape juice, chilled
Pour ginger ale, pineapple juice and grape juice in a large punch bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
Mini-Bacon Mac and Cheese
Makes 12 servings
16 ounces elbow macaroni
8 ounces bacon
8 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup shredded muenster cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
1-1/2 cups half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup breadcrumbs mixed with 1 tablespoon melted butter
1. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a microwave or oven until crisp. Then crumble into small pieces.
3. When pasta is finished cooking, drain and put back into pot. Add butter and stir until butter is melted and pasta is coated.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Mix together the three cheeses. Heat pasta again and add 1/2 of the cheese mixture, and all of the half and half and beaten eggs. Then season with salt and pepper and stir in the bacon, saving
some to sprinkle on top, if desired.
6. Spoon pasta into a buttered 12-cup muffin tin then top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through.
Makes 8 servings
8 ounces heavy cream
12 ounces milk chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
Dippers: marshmallows, halved strawberries, cookies bites, banana pieces, apple slices, pretzels and other items of your choice
1. Heat cream in a pot until just slightly simmering. Mix chocolate into cream until well combined and smooth then add just a pinch of salt.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into a fondue pot or crock pot to keep warm or serve directly from pot. Serve with dippers.
More mocktails and dessert recipes