With time at a premium, it's hard not to reach for the easy fix while maneuvering through the frozen food section. Instead, try something easy, quick and delicious that will keep the belly rumblings under control. The key is to prep your main ingredient ahead of time. Grilled chicken keeps especially well in the fridge; plus, its flavor pairs deliciously with just about any ingredient you can imagine. Pressed for time? Try marinating our Cajun grilled or ahead of time and then pop them on the grill when you're ready! Find healthy chicken recipes sure to feed your coop that use a great lean protein-all with little prep time of fifteen minutes or less!
15 minute Marinated chicken
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 halves chicken breast -- boneless skinless
Combine the first five ingredients, mixing well; spread on both sides of chicken. Place chicken on a plate. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes or for several hours in the refrigerator.
Grill, uncovered, over medium coals, turning once, for 10 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
Easy Cajun Spiced Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
Combine the seasonings and oil to form a paste, adding more oil if needed. Rub all over the chicken breasts; place in a food storage bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Grill or broil the
chicken for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Chicken is done when juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
Easy Grilled Chicken Tenders
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup creamy ceasar dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- dash garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion, or a few teaspoons minced fresh onion
- dash pepper
Wash chicken and pat dry. Combine chicken with remaining ingredients in a bowl or sealable food storage bag. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Grill or broil for about 5 to 8 minutes
on each side, or until nicely browned and cooked through.