Thanksgiving cocktails this indulgent are best served at the end of the feast in place of — or alongside — that slice of pumpkin pie. Even better, if you've grown bored of traditional Thanksgiving desserts, we have a sweet caramel apple surprise from celebrity chef Jon Ashton.
Thanksgiving dessert cocktail recipes
Recipes courtesy of Van Gogh Vodka
Cafe caramel martini recipe
You can sip this luscious martini, created by Rene Matos, beverage director at the New York Marriott Marquis, at the New York hotel or right in the warm comfort of your own home.
- 2-1/2 ounces Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
- 1/2 ounces Van Gogh Double Espresso Vodka
- 1/4 ounce caramel sauce
- 1 ounce vanilla ice cream, softened
- Garnished with a cream ganache and dark chocolate truffle
- Place vodkas, caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream in a shaker and shake vigorously to ensure the caramel is well blended.
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a truffle.
Spiced caramel apple martini recipe
This festive gingery-apple sip was created by New York wine and spirits writer Kara Newman, author of Spice & Ice, a zesty book brimming with 60 tongue-tantalizing cocktail recipes.
- Agave syrup
- Crumbled gingersnap cookies
- 2 ounces Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 1 ounce Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
- 2-1/2 ounces apple cider
- 1 dash lemon juice
- Rim martini glass with agave syrup and crumbled gingersnap cookies and set aside.
- Add ginger liqueur, vodka, apple cider and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a martini glass.
Caramel pumpkin cheesecake dessert shots recipe
A decadent drink, this celebratory sweet cocktail was created by the ubiquitous celebrity chef Jon Ashton, food correspondent for The Daily Buzz and in-house chef for Relish magazine.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pure pumpkin, chilled
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- Place all ingredients except graham cracker crumbs in a blender and blend until silky.
- Pour into large shot glasses and top each serving with a teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs if desired.
Sauteed apples recipe with wild appel caramel sauce
Another delicious Chef Ashton holiday creation, this appel (the Dutch spelling of apple) dessert will be the talk of the party. Step aside pumpkin pie, there's a new Thanksgiving treat in the house.
- 6 ripe, but firm, golden delicious apples, cored and quartered
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Van Gogh Wild Appel Vodka
- Vanilla ice cream
- Garnish sprigs of mint (optional)
- In a bowl, shower the apples with powdered sugar.
- In a saute or frying pan, melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, place the apples in the pan and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until tender. Halfway through the cooking time, turn the apples over once.
- Over medium heat in a medium-sized pan, caramelize the granulated sugar by stirring it until it liquefies. When it reaches a dark, golden color, carefully add the cream and Van Gogh Wild Appel Vodka.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the remaining butter. After all the butter has been incorporated, remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with the sauteed apples and drizzle with the caramel sauce. Garnish with mint.
More Thanksgiving recipes
Thanksgiving recipes for a succulent feast
Taste of the South Thanksgiving side dish recipes
Sandra Lee's terrific turkey recipe