Makes 4 servings
4 whole wheat English muffins, split in half
6 large eggs
1/3 cup low-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup diced mushrooms
1 large tomato, sliced
8 slices low-fat turkey bacon, cooked
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Arrange English muffins on a baking sheet and bake about 5 minutes or until warmed.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk eggs with milk, oregano, salt, pepper, and mushrooms. Scramble eggs in a skillet until just set.
3. Top English muffins with a tomato slice, piece of bacon, a generous spoonful of eggs and shredded cheese.
4. Place back in oven on a baking sheet and heat until cheese is melted, about 7 to 8 minutes.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
Make these breakfast cookies on the weekend and enjoy them during the week ahead. You can even make extra and freeze for later.
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2-1/2 cups plain rolled oats
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons water
5 egg whites
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup chopped dried apples (or any other dried fruit)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine oats with flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Stir in oil, applesauce, water, egg whites, and vanilla. Mix in cranberries, pecans, and apples until well combined.
4. Drop batter by the tablespoonful onto baking sheet and bake 8 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let cookies cool on wire racks. Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container.
Makes 2 servings
For a healthy on-the-go breakfast, make wraps and place in an airtight container or wrap with foil to eat during the school commute.
3 teaspoons unsalted butter
2 eggs, beaten
4 ounces sliced deli ham, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
2 tablespoon salsa
2 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas, warmed
2 tablespoons diced avocado
4 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour eggs in skillet and cook, stirring only occasionally, until fully cooked.
2. Mix ham, mushrooms, and salsa into eggs and cook until just heated.
3. Lay tortillas flat and fill each with egg mixture. Top with avocado and sprinkle with cheese. Roll and slice in half to serve.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!