Registered dietician and mom Amy Marlow, the nutritional adviser for HAPPYBABY, collaborated with Dr Sears to come up with easy to follow food guidelines for babies and toddlers. In line with the nutritional guidelines, the HAPPYBABY recipes are simple, nutritious meals that are perfect for real moms who are busy juggling babies, work, and feeding the family. Marlow and Dr Sears suggest using all organic ingredients or at least as many as you can in these two recipes as well as in your other everyday meals.
Makes 20 silver-dollar-sized pancakes or 12 adult-sized ones
1-1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1. Combine oats, yogurt, milk and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in flours, baking soda and salt. Add eggs and mix well.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. For each pancake, spoon 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot pan.
3. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the pancake starts to bubble and the bottoms are brown. Flip and cook the other side until lightly browned. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
4. Serve pancakes cut into strips with unsweetened applesauce or thawed HAPPYBABY Wiser Apple or Paradise Puree for dipping.
Makes 2 adult portions plus 2 to 3 baby-sized portions
This HAPPYBABY recipe is courtesy of Nirit Yadin, Whole Foods Market Princeton, New Jersey
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 dashes Tabasco (optional)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup HAPPYBABY pureed peas or green beans or chopped leafy greens
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 ripe Haas avocados
1 medium tomato, seeded, finely chopped
Olive oil, if desired
1. Put the lemon juice, Tabasco (if using), onion, garlic, green vegetables, salt and pepper in a food processor and chop very finely.
2. Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add onion mixture along with tomatoes and mash with a potato masher or fork until almost smooth.
3. Taste and add more salt, pepper or olive oil to taste
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!